All in all...progress


I'm making progress on both shawls. First, the mystery shawl. I am working my way through clue 2. Here it is at the end of clue 1 (the first time). I say "the first time" because, several rows into clue 2 I realized that I had made an awful mistake. Somewhere I had done two purl rows. The effect of this was to reverse the shawl, making the front the back and the back the front. If that makes any sense. See those white lines on the shawl? Those are lifelines, and thank goodness for them. I ripped back to the lineline between clue 1 and 2, and started clue 2 again. All is back in place, and I have moved on.

On the Highland Triangle Shawl front. I am working now on the edging. Once I got the pattern established, it has gone very well. I'm anxious to finish this one. I can't wait to snuggle with it.

I mentioned earlier that we dog-sat last weekend. Our beagle, and our neighbor beagle puppy took some time getting used to each other. Molly, our dog, is very calm -- not aggressive at all. She mainly just ran from the little eight week old puppy. Finally, Molly would have enough, turn around and BARK. Precious (the neighbor dog) would run and hide behind one of us.

Below is a photo of my latest stash enhancements. We went to Lexington this weekend. I purchased some Berroco Softwist, in color 9429, which doesn't seem to be on their web page. Discontinued? I bought it to go with Plymouth Firenze in color 438. I also picked up two skeins of green sock yarn -- Fortissima Socka in color 1092. Fun shopping trip.

If you are looking for some funny or intestesting blog entries to read, try the Yarn Harlot's description of her book tour in Vancover and Edmonton. Hilarious. Want to try beads and knitting? Take a look at this interesting tutorial. I bought the crochet hooks to give this a try.

0 comments: