Dancer

My son's girlfriend, a very sweet young woman who is an incredible dancer, graduated from college
this past weekend. That's an occasion that calls for a card. I don't have any "dancer" stamps, so I attempted to put my tiny watercolors skills to use.

I googled dancer silouette, and found an image that gave me shape. I wish I could find it again to link here - isn't that always the way? The image was only a shape - no hair, and a tutu shaped outfit.

From that I sketched the shape on Arches Cold Press watercolor paper.  I use a black zig real color brush pen to add black to the shape - not coloring it in, just adding some black.  I added the skirt and hair. Using a wet brush, I painted in the shape of the silhouette from the black I had added.

The background is watercolored with distress inks and water.  I used the My Favorite Things musical score background stamp (Love this stamp - it's been out of stock, and I grabbed it when it returned) with Lawn Fawn peacock ink (I think) to stamp the music.

The card is mounted on MFT card stock. I can't remember the color, but it matches the lawn fawn ink pretty well. The sequins (which I'm not sure if I like on the card or not) are Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear 4mm.

She's not perfect, but that's OK.  I like her.

0 comments: