Travel Craft Planning


I like to take crafting with me when we travel, and I have found, through trial and error, that what I pack makes a difference in what I accomplish.

I am most successful if I pack a planned craft project.  For example, in the photo above are eight cards I made on a trip to Columbus.  This is what I packed:

  • Stamped map background, trimmed to fit on the card bases
  • Card bases, cut and folded
  • Focal image, stamped
  • Sentiments, stamped and trimmed, ready for use.
  • Limited markers to color the focal images
  • Adhesives 
  • Scissors
When I have a plan and the materials to complete it, I can spend some time - usually in the evenings, when we are back in the room, watching TV, putting it all together.  Packing supplies in this kit-like fashion not only gives me a plan, but it eliminates the "what will I do" feeling.  

Alternatively, when I have taken a large bag of supplies with no plan, I don't do anything. I don't even break open the bag.

0 comments: