Seattle Scarf

In April of last year, I bought this yarn in Seattle.  It was a hank of two skeins of Raven Frog yarn from Sitka, Alaska.  It is the colors of the Seattle Seahawks, but I don't care - I love the navy blue and lime green together.

I wanted to figure out a way to combine the two colors, letting each one shine, without using any intarsia or fair isle.  I don't like them.  So I settled on stripes.  You can see the beginnig of that journey in this post.  It took several tries to get the scarf going.

Eventually, I planned the pattern in my bullet journal - another nice use for the journal.



I'm using Farrow rib as the stitch pattern. Cast on stitches in a multiple of 3 + 1.  *Row 1 is Knit 2, Purl 1* Repeat until there is one stitch left in the row. Knit the final stitch.  Row 2 is a Purl 1 *Knit 2, Purl 1* to end of row.

The striping pattern is as follows (Color A is blue, Color B is Lime):

  1. Color A - four inches
  2. Color B - four rows
  3. Color A - four rows
  4. Repeat 2 and 3 two more times for three sets of stripes
  5. Color B - eight inches
  6. Three sets of stripes as above (2-4), reversing colors A and B.
  7. Color A - eight inches
  8. Three sets of stripes as above (2-4)
  9. Repeat 5-8.
  10. Repeat 5-6
  11. End with 4 inches of Color A.
I'm using a US Size 6 needle, and this is the progress so far.  There will be lots of ends to weave in, although I am carrying the yarn up the side of the piece as I knit the stripes.




0 comments: