Yarn in the wings


 This yarn is waiting in the wings for when (or if) I ever finish the stacked cowl.  It's soft and cooshy, and promises (I hear it whispering to me) to let me use a larger needle than I am with the stacked cowl, and to let me knit mindlessly.  I can't wait.

The yarn is from Kanawha City Yarn Company.  If you are in this area, I highly recommend it!  

And then - it gets a little fuzzy.  They were kind enough at the yarn store to wind the yarn for me.  Don't you love that.  I'm certain she gave me the tags, but I don't know what happened to them, so I am uncertain what this yarn is. 

I think - because I found this tag in the room where the yarn was - that it is Quince and Co, Osprey, in the color Aleutian.  (For my future self, it's color 148, lot 006. I bought two skeins of 170 yards each).  When I go to the website of the yarn, its description is just what I would expect - Aran weight, soft, cooshy, wool.  The color is a little different, and that is the only part that is giving me pause.  So, I plan to ignore my uncertainty and go with the tag I found.

This yarn is destined for a nice, easy, knit in the dark and don't worry about stacking, scarf.

0 comments: