Retreat List

 Back in November, I participated in an Altenew Cozy Comfort Retreat.  It was an all day zoom retreat - one of the retreats where you craft cards along with the teachers of the classes.  It was more expensive (by a lot) than any card retreat I've done.  I decidd to do it because I follow and appreciate all of the teachers - Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Warner, Therese  Calvird, Carisa Wiley, and Kelly Taylor.  

Registration for the class included a shipment of supplies, which was great.

I enjoyed the retreat, although at the end, I was worn out.  A few days later, I created a list in my bullet journal of Five Thoughts about the Retreat:

  • There was lots of homework - in fact, that is my biggest advice for you if you ever decide to do one of these.  Do the homework and be very organized in your set up.  I put the supplies for each class in a separate zip storage bag (the ones from Simon Says Stamp)
  • The teachers were great - the best part of the retreat
  • The Altenew rules were not my favorite - I really appreciate Hero Arts in this area.
  • I needed more breaks - I was worn out by the end of the day.  An hour for dinner would have been great as well as an hour for lunch.
  • I was lonely even though it was a zoom retreat with lots of people.  I missed my time with Steve for the day.
All that said, the cards were great!

0 comments: