On the Needles: Dupont Circle Scarf

I've started on a new project. using the yarn to the right.  This is yarn from Fibrespace in Alexandria, VA - a great yarn store.  The yarn is from Neighborhood Fiber Company - it is Studio Worsted in the colorway Dupont Circle.   A nice black and pink.

I'm knitting a scarf (what else is new?).  It is 42 stitches across, and I'm knitting it in Farrow Rib - a simple K-K-P pattern.  I'm using size 7 Knitpicks wood circular (exchangeable) needles.

I've mentioned before that I like knitting scarves because I often knit in movies - I can knit scarves easily in the dark.

This week (and last week) I've been attending the United Methodist General Conference as a reserve delegate.  This is a lot of sitting and listening, and some of that time, mindless knitting is great. 

I enjoy watching yarn like this pool and pattern as I knit.  Three pictures below:

Scarf beginnings in the car on the way to the Conference

Scarf draped over the handle of my wheelie bag at Conference.


Scarf as it is today.
See the pattern developing?

0 comments: