System for sending Birthday and Anniversary cards

So, this is a boring bullet journal spread, but it is the key to how I remember and plan to send out birthday and anniversary cards.  This is my process:

  • I have a one-page spread in my journal for each month.  On those spreads, I list each person who has a birthday or anniversary in the month in chronological order.  So, if a person was born on the 10th of January, I list 10-person's name.
  • I try to work at least a month ahead (sometimes two).  As I plan the cards I will send, I match cards to each person on the list.
  • Working in month blocks, I sign the cards, address the envelope, and seal the card in the envelope.  I add a sticky note to the envelope with the birthdate / anniversary date.
  • I then grab the stack of cards for the month and a calendar. I add the "mail date" to each sticky note, estimating how much time it will take for the card to arrive at the recipient. I add the stamp to the card.
  • I leave this stack of cards on my desk at work.  I mark in my work planner on each day I need to mail a card.
  • As I plan my day, I pull the cards that need mailed.  All I have to do is rip off the sticky note and drop the card in the mail.
All that said, I was late sending out my first card of the year. Oh, well. It works most of the time.

0 comments: