Journals


 This is my stack of notebooks.  Here is what I use them for, from the bottom to the top:

  1. The brown leather loose-leaf notebook on the bottom of the stack (that looks like it needs some care) is a Franklin Planner notebook that holds my Franklin planner pages.  In the world of digital planning and bullet journaling, I still find that the Franklin Covey two pages per day set up is the best format for my day to day planning for work.  I use the Leadership Classic refill in my Logan Open binder (the link is to the zipper version - they don't have the open one anymore apparently).
  2. All of the other notebooks are Leuchtturm1917 dotted A5 (medium) notebooks (except the top one).  The navy blue one is my bullet journal.  In our house, we call them blue books, and we say that the blue books know all.  This is where I record our daily life (other than work). Each month has a theme - each book holds six months.
  3. The Port Red one is my Lay Ministry notebook.  I am the Associate Lay Leader and Director of Lay Ministry in our Annual Conference.  This is the notebook that I use to plan and track it all.
  4. The next one - the stone blue one - is my General Conference / Juridictional Conference notebook.  I was a reserve delegate to General Conference and a delegate to Juridictional Conference - this is the notebook where I tracked the planning and the voting.
  5. The Forest Green notebook holds the notes from training / educational events.  
  6. The Pacific Green notebook is the book I use to record notes from work meetings.
  7. The notebook on the top of the stack is a navy A6 (pocket) notebook.  This is my reading journal.  In a future post, I'll explore this book with you. It's very simple - not at all like the more decorated and extensive reading journals that I see on the internet. Those are great, but not what I wanted to do.

0 comments: