Reading Journal

 Let's talk about my reading journal.  

I started using a reading journal because I most often either read a book on my kindle (to prevent the continual accumulation of books in my home) or listen to audible books.  I find that I miss book covers.  Isn't that strange?  One of the main reasons I use a reading journal is that I include a picture of the cover so that I can flip through the book and remember what I have read - nostalgically. I also like it because it tracks information about my reading for me.


I use an A6 (Pocket) navy Leuchtturm 1917 notebook.  For each book, I include the following:

  • picture of the cover
  • star rating
  • title
  • author
  • type of book (kindle, printed, audio)
  • date completed
That's not a lot of information for a reading journal. It doesn't include any thoughts about the book itself (other than star rating), but that's all I want to record.  This meets my needs.  You should meet your own needs!


For each year, I also include a few pages of reading stats.  (If you want to see my reading stats, they are here.)  I track method of reading, copyright date, first time or repeat read, genre, and star ratings.  

0 comments: