Finished and What Next?

The brother's scarves are finished. I really like the farrow rib pattern! It can be found at http://www.knitlist.com/01gift/farrow-rib-scarf.htm

I am now working on a vertically stripped scarf for my husband using cream, forest green and burgandy from Brown Sheep Co. -- Lamb's pride (
http://brownsheep.com/lp.html). It's looking nice, except that the edges are rolling. He likes the thinness of stockinette stitch, but I added four rows of garter on the edge. At the joint between the two stitches, the scarf is folding over, so I have to figure out how to fix that problem.

I've been trying to decide what large project to start on next. I still need to finish the alpaca scarf (done in American alpaca yarn). I'm thinking of a clapotis using
Handpainted Yarn's merino wool in a bright blue called "azul bolita." I am also interested in a shawl using Irish wool from Black Water Abbey yarns -- the really nice dark green. I don't have a pattern in mind yet, but I ordered the book Folk Shawls this morning, so maybe that will give me an idea. I also ordered the S and B Nation book. I'll have fun waiting for the mail next week.

I would also like to learn more about blogging, so that I could add hyperlinks to the side bars and photos -- so that's another goal.

0 comments: