Blue Striped Socks


I seem to be a finishing mood, picking up projects and completing them. At least one of them, so far. But I have more plans.

I finished a pair of socks this weekend. The yarn is Berroco Sox, color 1477. (Kingston). The color doesn't seem to be on the Berroco web page, and it's no wonder.  These have been on needles forever. Today I found a note about these socks that I made on February 1, 2014, so I've been knitting them since before then.

The socks are knit with the Yarn Harlot's vanilla sock yarn pattern from Knitting Rules.  I knit them with a pair of Signature Needle Arts double pointed needles, sized 1.  A side note - I'm not sure I've ever mentioned this, but I have two pairs of double pointed needled from this company (which is now closing).  They were very expensive, and feel wonderfully luxurious, but I don't like to knit with them.  I prefer my wooden needles.  

The yarn is self striping, and I find that very fun and amusing, as the stripes appear as I knit regular stockinette.  

I have no idea when I started these socks (other than it was before 2014).  I know I did a lot of work on the second sock in early 2020, because I posted pictures in my Instagram account.  Apparently, I can't knit socks during a pandemic, because I think they languished on the needles until I picked them up this weekend with on the toe (and a little of the foot) to knit. 

The problem is that I didn't make any notes about the numbers I used when knitting.  I ended up with not only fraternal socks (the stripes do not match up), but also socks of two different sizes.  I used two different numbers of stitches to start the socks.  By a lot. 


See the difference in width?  Oh, well.  They still work as socks, and are warm.  The toes are kind of pointy, though.  Poor things.


0 comments: